About the Teacher
Hello! I am your child's teacher this year at Hope Sullivan. I feel so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful family here at the Hope. I received my BA Degree in Elementary Education from Ole Miss. This will be my third year teaching, and I am so thankful I have been given the opportunity to teach your children! I know it is going to be a great year!
Please bring all school supplies the first week of school!
**Important School Times**
- Doors open at 8:05
- Tardy Bell rings at 8:40am
- Dismissal is at 3:25
- There will be no checkouts after 2:30
**Students must be at school 63% of the day to be counted present for the day**
Sight/Spelling Word Games
- Write sight words with different colors
- Build words with play dough
- Build words with magnetic letters
- Sight word flashcards
- Minute to win it sight words—See how many sight words you can do in one minute. (can also be a math game, how many math facts can you do in one minute)
- Draw hopscotch board with chalk and write sight words in the boxes. Play hopscotch and say the sight word as you land on the squares.
- Write sight words in shaving cream or sand.
- Epic is a great reading tool to use.
- Use a deck of cards and try to find matches that equal 10.
- Minute to win it. See how many math facts you can do in one minute.
- War—If you have someone to play with. Split a deck of cards and hold them face down. Count 1, 2,3. On 3, lay the top card down and whoever adds the two cards together win.
- If you are playing by yourself. Lay your top card down and see what card you need to get to make 10.
- Khan Academy website is a great math tool.