4th Grade Language Arts
Every Tuesday and Wednesday from 1 - 2pm I will be online for office hours.
The first 30 minutes will be dedicated to my homeroom. The second 30 min will be to Stubblefield's homeroom. You will need the password to enter. Links posted below. Passwords will be sent to you.
About the Teacher/Welcome Msg
WELCOME TO MS.MASON'S CLASS!
I graduated from Lewisburg High School. Later, I went to University of Mississippi, where I received my Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education.
I am honored to be a 4th grade teacher at Southaven Intermediate. I have been teaching for 3 years now. I am a mom of two.
Websites For Extra Learning
1. Classworks - Use your lunch number for username and password. Students are familiar with this site already.
2. COVID-19 Informational Video - Kid Friendly information on COVID-19!
3. Story Time Online - Listen to stories being read by famous people.
4. ReadWorks - A free account can be created for this. Students will be able to read passages and answer questions
Lesson 8: Main Idea & Key Details
- Click on the i-Ready icon to gain access to the i-Ready student login page.
- Your username is your first and last initial (capitalized) and your lunch number. Example: AB1234567
- Your password is just your lunch number. Example 1234567
- You will two assignments. Some assignments will take longer than others. All assignments are due on Sunday, so you may work at your own pace as long as you submit your work by the due date.
- I am here to assist you if you have any questions. Please refer to my zoom office hours at the top of this page. If you are needing immediate assistance, I am always available through SchoolStatus.
Lesson 9: Summarizing Informational Texts
Fun Corner: Fablehaven
Before we left for SpringBreak, we began reading Fablehaven by Brandon Mull. I will be posting links to YouTube where 4th grade teachers at SIS are reading each chapter. Subscribe to our YouTube channel as well.
YouTube Channel: SIS 4th Grade ELA
Chapter 1 Read by Mrs. Robinson: Chapter 1
Chapter 2 Read by Ms. Schoggen: Chapter 2
Chapter 3 Read by Ms. Dixon: Chapter 3
Chapter 4 Read by Mrs. Howard: Chapter 4
Chapter 5 Read by Mrs. Berryhill: Chapter 5
Chapter 6 Read by Ms. Mason: COMING SOON!!